Thursday, December 16, 2004

My Sweet Little Four Year Old

Believe it or not, I have a four year old. Kids are so cute at this age, always saying the funniest things. Well, my son goes to a local Catholic school for pre-school and one day he came home telling me about the crucifox on the altar and how big it was.

Ahhh, I said to him and said crucifox?

And he said, yeah, dad, a big cross!

And I laughed and mussed his hair and said, son? It's crucifux. The last part is fux, not fox. Then I smiled a little grin to myself because didn't I pull one over on him.

Well, it proceded to get out of hand when Father William called me into his office a few days later. My son was there, kinda slumped down in his chair, looking up at me. Father William went around the desk and sat in his chair and folded his hands.

Mr. Ho, he said. Mr. Ho, your son told us that you explained the proper pronunciation of crucifix...ahem...incorrectly.

At this I stood up and raised my hand in the air as if to strike my son while shouting out--Homer-style--Why you little!

Father William shot up and yelled my name to stop me from striking my little sweet boy. Mr. Ho!

Of course I stopped because I never hit my kids when others are watching. I'm sorry Father, I said. It's just that these little bastards lie so damn much....

Well, one thing led to another and wouldn't you know it, I was not asked to coach soccer again this year. I love it when a plan comes together.