Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Friend of the Neighborhood

Most of the people in my neighborhood (my hood) call me wigger because I listen to Eminem and have a wafro. I guess that's ok but the term wigger is a little harsh.

I think the next term to be born should be wegro. That's kind of like wigger but with some respect.. as if saying, sure..you have a wafro and like Eminem--two things I don't quite like or understand--but you're ok with me. That would really make me feel more accepted in my neighborhood..if everyone called me wegro.

I know what you're thinking; the next thing will be Wafrican American. Boy, I hope not. No offence but that's pretty long just to describe the guy in the neighborhood who likes rap. Plus I always wonder what to call white people from Africa who move to the Americas.

I worked with a woman from South Africa once. She was white, though. I told her that she was not allowed to be both African and white. I am afraid she never understood.