Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Me and Silky

Ok, so I broke down. I didn't want to do it but I did. I went to the pound this weekend and got a golden-white standard poodle. I call her silky white or just silky when I'm feeling sexy.

She's the sweetest dog, and so smart. I'll bet she would do very well on the SATs but I think I won't have her as a show dog, just a sweet poodle to keep me company on the long winter nights of Omaha. Speaking of Omaha I'm thinking of moving to New York so that the people start taking me seriously but that's neither here...nor there.

I don't like to compare my dogs, but she's a lot smarter than that black lab, old-what's-his-name.

She does jump up a bit and also takes a nibble from the bounteous steaks on the counter but only when I don't refill the dog bowl immediately, which is what any of us would do, so I can't feel too bad about it.

I was going to try and keep Looter around but silky-white was definitely afraid that she was going to be murdered or mugged or raped so Looter had to go.

I'm feeling a little guilty about what I had to do to Looter and I'm praying that God will understand but just in case I'm going to go down and get some confession done so I'll be square with him once again.

I think I'll take silky as it's a nice day and we can both use a walk.