Monday, September 12, 2005

Yes, I will have cream with that

I have a confession to make. I have been cheating on my loyal coffee shop.

It started out simply enough. I just wanted to sample a new blend. Is that so wrong? I wanted a Sumatra or a dark roast. Why should I drink Folgers every day when I can get a taste of Gold Coast?

The plan was just to take one cup. One cup and then I would go back to the loyal coffee shop. And that's what happened. One cup. I even went to the loyal cafe twice that day to let them know how much I was into them.

But I just couldn't get Gold Coast out of my head. I started sneaking there more and more, blowing off the loyal cafe, making excuses (I'll be working late, I'm trying to cut down, etc. etc.)

I realized today that it's been a week since I've been to Loyal. Gold Coast every day. I know I should break it off but I'm afraid of the pain.